Monday, March 9, 2009

Poetry: 2 poems by Noemy Duran

"You"

by Noemy Duran

You took her away
When I really needed her
She was always there
She was family
She wasn't only my grandmother but my hero too

She would get me out of trouble
She would always defend me in problems
She would always be there for me
And she wasn't only my grandmother
But my hero too

But now I lost my grandmother and my hero too
Why?
Because she passed away

It's OK you took her away cause
She will be better up there in
Heaven and happier

It's OK you took her away cause
I'll always have her in my
Heart

Even though she's not alive
I will always consider her
MY HERO


"Family Feud"
(After Kevin Caval)

by Noemy Duran

My mother's voice rises
Like defense shields when I ask
If she wants a nephew? A niece?
Now or later on in
...Life...

My father screams
Fist through my stomach when I
mentioned I was
...Pregnant...

My Grandmother gone and
Not here with me to help me
Get out of this horrible
...Disaster...

My aunt says, "Why?
You're so young!
You could have lived your life way better
Than how you gonna live it now."

My brother says, "You the
First one to do this to the family
All I have to say to you is
Why?...So early."

My family says, "We are so ashamed of you."
At the age of 16
Why couldn't you wait any
...Longer...

2 comments:

  1. This is a very touching poem, i really feel like i understand where your coming from with this
    Dont feel alone in this because ur not, i am sure there is many young teens girl out there that go through what your going through

    ReplyDelete
  2. omq that was the nicest poem ever sent out to your granmother you really made me realize that i need to spend time with grandmother before she dies.

    ReplyDelete