Thursday, February 12, 2009

Poetry: "Valentine's Day" by Chandrawattie Kadar

Valentine's Day

by Chandrawattie Kadar

If anyone were ever to ask who my true love in life would be,
I would simply smile and tell them, "It would have to be 'He,"
He that kisses me in a way no other could,
He that holds me in way no other would,
He that loves me through the good and the bad, even when he is sad.

He has been known to put his fears aside
To reassure me that in him I can confide
My deepest dreams, my deepest fears,
As we grow closer through the months.

I know he fears his love for me, as it seems to grow stronger every day,
Yet he doesn't understand that I too feel the same way,
Two people that shouldn't yet...two people couldn't imagine life without one another,
We push, we pull, we fight, and we love, yet we always come back to each other.

This love we have is truly one of a kind,
Which makes me realize as I look behind at our past, our present and wherever we go,
That he has my heart..."Forever to hold."

1 comment:

  1. omg this is so cute, i am about to steal it and give it to my hubby but Ms.Wattie don't worry i will give u credit, great job

    ReplyDelete